- SuperBrugsen in Bramming and Bramming Fjernvarme.
- SuperBrugsen in Bjerringbro and Bjerringbro Varmeværk.
- SuperBrugsen in Vindinggård and Mølholm Varmeværk.
There is a large potential in replacing current refrigerator systems with CO2 cooling and refrigerator systems. Hereby, gas cooling temperatures are increased, and excess heat can be utilized directly in the district heating network. There is accordingly no need for extra heat pumps to increase the temperatures. Multiple supermarkets in Denmark already use excess heat from supermarkets, there is, however, still a large unexploited potential. The heat harnessed from a supermarket typically correspond to the annual heat consumption of 20 ordinary Danish households.
Facts about this case
- A book of guidelines with targeted communication to all interest groups.
- 500-1000 retrofitted supermarkets in Denmark in a period of 3-5 years after the project ends.
- Pursue export potentials and open for Danish export of technology solutions to the rest of Europe, North America and China.
Danfoss A/S, COOP DANMARK A/S, Dansk Fjernvarme, Dansk Fjernvarmes Projektselskab Amba, Bramming Fjernvarme Amba, Andelsselskabet Mølholm Varmeværk, Bjerringbro Varmeværk Amba, Teknologisk Institut, KTH Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm, Ivar Lykke Kristensen Rådgivende Ingeniøre A/S, AK Centralen A/S, OK A.M.B.A.