STRATEGO: Multi-level actions for enhanced Heating & Cooling plans
April 2014 to November 2016.
STRATEGO Final Conference took place in Brussels on 12 October 2016. Find more details and presentations here.
EU-28 and deep assessment of Croatia, Czech Republic, Italy, Romania and the United Kingdom.
Description / Objectives:
STRATEGO partners fine-tuned the results of Heat Roadmap Europe by initiating the development of the Pan-European Thermal Atlas with deep assessment of energy efficiency potential for 5 targeted countries. These results have been used to support local authorities in taking action so that they can help their national authorities in preparing and developing NHCPs.
The purpose of the STRATEGO project was to:
- Provide tangible support in developing National Heating and Cooling Plans,
- Assist local authorities in evaluating their Heating and Cooling potential,
- Find their priority area for intervention, and,
- Identify concrete projects that should be implemented.
Therefore, the STRATEGO partners supported 30 cities/regions in mapping their local heating and cooling demand and supply and defining areas of priority for intervention, as well as organising one-to-one coaching and one-to-one meetings with national authorities responsible for drafting their NHCPs.
As a result of these activities, over 40 energy efficiency projects were identified and proposed for implementation to local authorities.
Results / Final Reports:
A series of reports and guidelines have been produced by the STRATEGO project, which include the following:
- Executive Summary and Main Report
- Background Reports
- In-depth Country Reports:
- A guideline on Methodologies and data sources for mapping local heating and cooling demand and supply
- Case studies on at least 2 energy efficiency projects for each city/region targeted by STRATEGO
- Insights from drafting local heating and cooling action plans
- A guideline on International coaching to support local delivery of heating and cooling plans
- Lessons for creating productive dialogue between local and national authorities
- Final Publishable Report on Low-carbon heating and cooling strategies for Europe
Euroheat & Power (BE); Aalborg University, Sustainable Energy Planning Research Group (DK); A2A Calore & Servizi S.r.l. (IT); Association for the District Heating of the Czech Republic (CZ); AGFW – Projektgesellschaft für Rationalisierung, Information und Standardisierung mbH (DE); Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (AT); Building Research Establishment LTD (UK); Danish District Heating Association (DK); Fundacion Asturiana de la Energia (SP); HOGSKOLAN I HALMSTAD HH (SE); ICLEI EUROPEAN SECRETARIAT GMBH (DE); Energy Agency of the Masovia region (PL); Scottish Government (UK); TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING SA (RO); Flemish Institute for Technological Research (BE); University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (HR).