December 2022 – May 2025
SRI-ENACT provides a holistic solution to facilitate the Smart Readiness Indicator (SRI) uptake in Europe, by engaging stakeholders in the co-creation of national-tailored SRI implementations and the development of the SRI-ENACT toolkit, encompassing SRI assessment and decision support tools to promote informed decision making for smartness upgrades.
Long term strategies for smartness upgrades in building construction and renovation require reliable measures for the assessment of buildings smart readiness. In this line, SRI was introduced in the revised EPBD to provide a standardised methodology for evaluating the smart readiness of buildings.
However, the realisation and uptake of SRI from EU countries induces a number of open challenges related to the SRI definition and tailoring to different national contexts, the lack of SRI expertise among the energy auditors, the need to address scalability and reliability issues for large-scale deployments, the low engagement of relevant stakeholders in the different EU countries and the difficulties in informed decision making for energy smartness upgrades.
Beyond the methodological and technological outcomes, SRI-ENACT will deliver a package for the training and certification of the prospective SRI auditors.
The resulting solution will be applied in 8 EU countries (Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Latvia, Romania and Spain) involving 120 SRI auditors for the SRI assessment of 1.200 buildings. The large-scale pilots will provide evidence on the success of the SRI implementation to create best practices, design financing schemes for the SRI improvement, and deliver policy recommendations for the replication and wider uptake of the SRI-ENACT tools and services.
The 11 project partners from 8 countries are:
- SingularLogic - SINGULARLOGIC ANONYMI ETAIREIA PLIROFORIAKON SYSTIMATON KAI EFARMOGONPLIROFORIKIS (Greece)
- Sense one - SENSE ONE TECHNOLOGIES SINGLE MEMBER SA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND ENERGY (Greece)
- NTUA - ETHNICON METSOVION POLYTECHNION - NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS (Greece)
- Veolia SERVICIOS LECAM SOCIEDAD ANONIMA UNIPERSONAL (Spain)
- Seven, THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY CENTER Z.U. (Czechia)
- O. Ö. Energiesparverband - ENERGIESPARVERBAND OBEROSTERREICH (Austria)
- Regea - REGIONALNA ENERGETSKA AGENCIJA SJEVEROZAPADNE HRVATSKE (Croatia)
- EHP - EUROHEAT & POWER (Belgium)
- RPR - RIGAS PLANOSANAS REGIONS (Latvia)
- BSERC - CHERNOMORSKI IZSLEDOVATELSKI ENERGIEN TSENTAR (Bulgaria)
- ISPE - Institutul de Studii Åi ProiectÄri Energetice (Romania)