SDHp2m: Solar District Heating… from Policy to Market
January 2016 to December 2018.
Description / Objectives:
The key approach of the project is to develop, improve and implement in 9 participating EU regions advanced policies and support measures for SDH. In 3 focus regions Thuringia (DE), Styria (AT) and Rhone-Alpes (FR) the regulating regional authorities are participating as project partners to ensure a strong implementation capacity within the project. In 6 follower regions from BG, DE, IT, PL, SE the regulating authorities are engaged through letters of commitment. The project activities aim at a direct mobilization of investments in SDH and hence a significant market rollout.
The project work program in the participating regions follows a process including 1) strategy and action planning based on a survey, best practices and stakeholder consultation 2) an implementation phase starting at an early project stage and 3) efficient dissemination of the project results at national and international level.
Addressed market uptake challenges are: Improved RES DHC policy, better access to plant financing and business models, sustained public acceptance and bridging the gap between policy and market through market support and capacity building. Denmark and Sweden reached already today a high share of RES in DHC and shall be used as a role model for this project.
The direct expected outcome and impact of SDHp2m is estimated to an installed or planned new RES DHC capacity and new SDH capacity (in total 500 MWth) directly triggered by the project corresponding to a total investment of 350 Mio. € and leading to 1 420 GWh RES heat and cold production per year. A multiple effect is expected in the period after the project and in further EU regions.
- Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH represented by Steinbeis Research Institute Solites (SIG Solites) – Germany
- Thüringer Ministerium für Umwelt, Energie und Naturschutz (TMUEN) – Germany
- AGFW-Projektgesellschaft für Rationalisierung, Information und Standardisierung mbH (AGFW) – Germany
- HIR Hamburg Institut Research gGmbH (HIR) – Germany
- Land Steiermark – Energie, Wohnbau, Technik (Styria) – Austria
- AEE – Institut für nachhaltige Technologien (AEE INTEC) – Austria
- S.O.L.I.D. Company for Installation of Solar and Design – Austria
- Association Rhonalpenergie-Environment (RAEE) with its affiliated partner the Regional Council of Rhône-Alpes (RCRA) – France
- Commissariat a l’energie atomique et aux energies alternatives (CEA INES) – France
- Ambiente Italia s.r.l. (AMBIT) – Italy
- Institute Zero Energy Buildings (IZEB) – Bulgaria
- EC BREC Instytut Energetyki Odnawialnej (IEO) – Poland
- Planenergi Fond (Planenergi) – Denmark
- CIT Energy Management AB (EnerMa) – Sweden
- Euroheat & Power AISBL (EHP) – Belgium
Results / Public deliverables:
- Project summary report (English language)
- Project leaflets and Project broschures (national and English language)
- Surveys and strategies for developing SDH in nine EU regions (national versions and a summary in English language)
- Fact sheets presenting best practice policies in the SDHp2m regions (national and English language)
- Fact sheets presenting best practice market support instruments in the SDHp2m regions (national and English language)
- Regional summary reports about the policy and market support measures in the individual SDHp2m regions (national language)
- Summary report about the policy and market support measures of nine SDHp2m regions (English language)
- Manuals with standardized plug and play organizational processes and technical solutions (national and English language)
Horizon 2020 research and innovation programm