EHP is searching for a new Managing Director!
The Managing Director represents Euroheat & Power towards third parties and influences policies by direct contact with European institutions and other organisations. He/she is responsible for maintaining good relations and consistency in the association’s communication. A PDF description of the position is available here.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Manage the staff and budget of the association, ensuring efficient operations through structured processes and accrued professionalisation
- Organise optimal response to members needs; initiate, orchestrate and oversee common initiatives, projects and working groups; ensure effective secretarial support to the various working bodies
- Provide thought leadership in the development of an effective association strategy
- and initiate, orchestrate and oversee successful lobbying activities
- Develop, coordinate and strengthen Euroheat & Power’s relations to key stakeholders (policymakers, international institutions, representative organisations in the energy sector etc.); build and consolidate alliances and establish a prominent and influential role for the association
- Provide strategy and content in external communications establishing the association as an attractive speaking partner and maintaining effective media relation
The ideal profile is someone who:
- Can interact with people at all levels, building, mentoring and developing effectively a team in a multicultural context
- Manages by influence, rather than authority, and who can see and develop talent
- Establish and maintain good relations with diverse stakeholders, showing
- personal integrity, political flair as well as diplomatic skills, and who can be “the face” of Euroheat & Power on the Brussels/EU scene
- Has proven experience in the political landscape in the EU and European Union policymaking. Good understanding of current climate, energy and environmental issues is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Can cooperate with EHP members and the Board of Directors to the benefit of the organisation while inspiring and leading the secretariat towards agreed goals.
- May be in the early stages of a career, but showing both maturity and self confidence, and having a clear talent for taking on the role of Managing Director with an aptitude for financial management including budget control
- Is a citizen of at least one European country and fluent in spoken and written English (native or near-native level). Knowledge of further European languages is a merit
- Can communicate complex issues verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Is available as soon as possible, though no later than June 1. 2022
The position requires travelling on a regular basis.
Please send your application as soon as possible, but no later than January 14. 2022, to: [email protected]
Only applications sent to the above will be taken into considerations. Applications will be treated with full confidentiality. Please abstain from enquiring by phone.