Designing a resilient district energy infrastructure
Consumers increasingly want greater living comfort, competitive energy costs, and greener solutions for their heating. And in urban centers, district energy utilities can harness local, renewable energy resources despite unforeseen disruptions--from natural disasters to fuel shortages.
How can district heating utilities ensure the system's resilience and provide undisturbed supply, all while meeting the decarbonization goals?
In the white paper, you will learn about:
- A resilient district energy infrastructure
- Challenges faced by district heating utilities in times of crisis
- District heating expansion: How to design, build and operate for resilience
- Checklist for resilient district energy systems
- Solutions and technologies
This white paper is based on a research article by Oddgeir Gudmundsson, Danfoss A/S, Jan Eric Thorsen, Danfoss A/S and Anders Dyrelund, Ramboll A/S.