October 2022 - September 2025
Funded by the EU’s LIFE Programme, the ConnectHeat project’s objective is to accelerate the decarbonisation of the heating and cooling sector through an EU-wide implementation of citizen-led and energy community initiatives.
ConnectHeat is the first European initiative to develop heating and cooling communities in Europe, putting local and regional public authorities as well as citizens at the heart of green energy transition.
The project will lead to the implementation of 7 real-life pilot cases of heating and cooling community energy in target areas, with a large coverage of applications (industrial/tertiary/touristic, public buildings & social housing, urban regeneration, agriculture) and a wide range of technical solutions and systems.
ConnectHeat will also build-up skills in the target areas and at EU level, support 7 more pilot replicators in EU and develop 7 policy roadmaps and a blueprint proposing tools and suitable supporting schemes for the development of heating and cooling community energy.
The project is composed of 10 partners:
- Ambiente Italia S.r.l.
- Agenzia per l'Energia del Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Regionalna energetska agencija sjeverozapadne Hrvatske
- Fédération européenne des agences et des régions pour l'énergie et l'environnement
- Euroheat & Power AISBL
- Intercommunale Leiedal
- Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH
- Energy Agency of Plovdiv
- Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias, S.A.
- Agência Regional de Energia e Ambiente do Oeste – Oeste Sustentável