Join the webinar "Strategic net-zero value chains – the missing block of a successful EU net-zero industry act" organised by ENZA on Tuesday, 27 June at 09:30 CEST.
The webinar will discuss the European Net Zero Alliance's (ENZA) reaction to the Net Zero Industry Act to boost the EU's manufacturing capacity. It aims to raise awareness of the critical role of the Net Zero Industry to achieve a net-zero economy ensuring broad access to net-zero technologies, and promoting European leadership in clean technologies.
The webinar will feature a panel discussion with representatives from ENZA, the European Commission, he European Parliament and the upcoming Spanish Presidency. The panelists will discuss the following topics:
- The importance of a multi-energy approach combining sectors and energy vectors for a cost-efficient, speedy decarbonisation.
- The approach of strategic net-zero technologies to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 should be complemented by the concept of strategic net-zero value chains.
- A harmonized approach to permitting including planning requirements, a one-stop-shop, and time limits is needed to speed up processes.
- The importance of financing coordination and streamlining funding procedures across EU instruments to support the deployment of net-zero technologies.
The event will provide a platform for constructive dialogue and exchange of ideas among experts, policymakers, and other relevant stakeholders. The audience will have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session to ask questions to the panellists and further engage in the discussion.
- Opening and moderation:
- Pauline Lucas, Policy Director, Euroheat & Power and Co-Chair of ENZA
- Keynote speech:
MEP Christophe GRUDLER (Renew), shadow rapporteur on the Net Zero industry Act (invited)
- Pedro Dias, Policy Director, Solar Heat Europe
- Alexandra Tudoroiu, Head of Policy, COGEN Europe
- Malgosia Rybak, Climate Change & Energy Director, Cepi
- Jean-Marc Jossart, Secretary General, Bioenergy Europe
- Closing remarks