District Energy: The local solution to global challenges
Climate change, energy security, urban densification, energy poverty, the world is changing and brings along new challenges for industry and policy makers. In this complex and multi-factorial environment, some say the climate crisis may have become the mother of all crises… But where should we start?
With over 75% of the world’s population living in cities, making urban areas smarter, more sustainable and resilient is a pre-requisite to deliver more prosperous societies. The demand for local and sustainable heating sources has never been higher, and the growing need for cooling in hot summer days is evident across the globe. For District Heating and Cooling, that means an era of both tremendous growth and profound transformation!
Across the globe, DHC networks have established themselves as critical enablers to foster the development of local energy transitions, but also as a versatile and competitive decarbonisation solution for cities.
- What are the market prospects for sustainable and efficient DHC systems around the globe?
- How is the European energy transition and current energy crisis reshuffling the deck for DHC companies?
- What are the most promising technologies for DHC decarbonisation and key innovation trends?
- Will the global frenzy over Power-to-Heat deliver a concrete market opportunity for DHC?
- How to develop innovative financing schemes and market instruments for the uptake of DHC?
The 2023 edition of the International Euroheat & Power Congress will look into the most promising pathways for District Heating & Cooling to play its part in solving the global energy & climate crisis, spurring local change for global impact. It will explore the following topics:
Join us in Torino on 22-24 May 2023, to discover the latest market and technology trends shaping the DHC industry, meet your peers, do business, network… and have fun!
We hope to see many of you there!
Registrations will open in November.