This online course is meant for engineers, designers and utility owners who are dealing with pre-insulated district heating and district cooling networks. After passing the course participants will get all needed basic knowledge regarding pipeline design and engineering.
The course consists of 4 blocks - it is possible to pass all blocks or some specific blocks.
The course will be held online in English.
Lecturer: Aleksandr Ledvanov (HeatConsult, Technical director)
Aleksandr has more than 15-years experience in district heating design engineering. Under his leadership there were designed more than 500 km of pipelines at different part of the world - Scandinavia, Baltics, Germany and Latin America.
He is leading the one of the adaptations of the standard EN 13941 “District heating pipes”
BLOCK 1 (16.-17.01.2023): 9:00 - 15:00 (CET), both days
- Basics of district heating design
- Standard EN 13491 overview
- Changes in direction
- Branches in district heating systems
- Reduction of diameter in district heating systems
- Twin pipe systems and differences in design comparing with single pipe systems
- Pipelines for higher temperature than 140°C (max temperature according to EN 13941)
- District heating expansion pads
- District heating leakage system
- Specifics of district cooling engineering and difference with district heating
- DH simple pipe sizing (Logstor calculator, hand calculations)
BLOCK 2 (The date will be selected after the group is set): 9:00 - 15:00 (CET)
- Hydraulics in district heating networks
BLOCK 3 (The date will be selected after the group is set): 9:00 - 15:00 (CET)
- Stress calculations in district heating networks
BLOCK 4 (The date will be selected after the group is set): 9:00 - 15:00 (CET)
- Practical examples of district heating and cooling design and engineering
Participants who will successfully pass the course (or blocks of the course) will receive an Enerhack certificate.
Participants from Estonia will receive training points (TP) from Estonian Association of Thermal Engineers