Personal Data Privacy Statement
Contents of this page:
We believe it is important to protect the privacy of our members, website visitors and contacts and to be transparent about our data collection and processing practices.
We want to help you make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us and better understand how we collect, store, use and share your data.
This Privacy Statement explains and summarises how Euroheat & Power aisbl (herein referred to as “EHP”) collects, uses, and protects your personal data. The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable data about you (the data subject), such as your name, e-mail address or mailing address, the organisation you represent, and any other information that is identified with you personally.
We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and will only use your personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 ‐“GDPR”) as well as additional data protection legislation applicable in Belgium. As Euroheat & Power is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, all legal issues arising from or related to the use of the website shall be construed in accordance with and determined by the Belgian law.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is Euroheat & Power aisbl, Cours Saint Michel 30a Box E, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
How do we receive your data?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website through the subscription link, the contact form, or our user registration or other application linked to EHP, whether to apply for services or to make an enquiry or other request,
- from our network,
- through meeting a EHP representative at events,
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information
We will use your information, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- to provide or manage any information and services for which you have requested,
- to provide you with products and services to which you are entitled as part of your membership (updates, newsletters, publications, etc)
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes (e.g. invoicing),
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us promote district energy and kindred technologies,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, in order to improve your customer experience,
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
How do you provide us your consent to process your personal data?
There can be several ways in which you provide us with a consent to use your personal data for specific purposes:
- self-registration to our website(s), events/surveys applications, and/or to our email marketing application(s)
- confirmed opt-in (for email marketing applications where this option is available)
- written communication (by email, or any other kinds of written messaging including via social media channels)
- signed contracts (e.g. membership applications, supplier contracts, project consortium agreements, etc.).
You may request the permanent deletion of your personal data from any or all of our records with a written request to email@example.com. Kindly note that this will directly affect your access to products or services which you may have subscribed to (e.g. membership benefits, subscriptions to publications, etc.).
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area, we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in Belgium.
Informing you about our products and services
We may use your information to contact you with news on district energy, district heating, district cooling, combined heat and power or any related topics which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
Wherever you have provided your prior agreement (see consent to process personal data above), we may contact you by any appropriate means of communication (phone, post, email or any other electronic means).
The range of products and services offered by us include:
- Events, seminars, forums, conferences,
- News, publications,
- District energy related products and services, including (amongst other things) finance, design, insurance, IoT….
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us and/or request the permanent deletion of your personal data by ticking the appropriate box or at any time by writing to us at EHP, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so (Opt-In). For example, we may inform you that when providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at the address above.
How long will we keep your data?
In principle the data we hold is not linked to a particular timescale and has therefore no expiry date. Specific opt out and data deletion instructions are available for all our applications (e.g. from email marketing, websites(s)) and you may submit a written request at any time by writing to office(at)euroheat.org.
In case personal data is processed in the framework of a Horizon 2020 project, this data will be kept and processed only during the duration of the project, unless data subjects choose otherwise.
Providing information to us
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you.
You may contact us at the address above for these purposes.
We endeavour to work only with IT services providers which guarantee a high level of data security. However we kindly ask you to acknowledge that when providing your information to us through any information technology means (via websites, internet applications, e-mail) that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. EHP uses secure server software (e.g. SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
Links to third-party websites and co-branded websites
Accessing your personal information, opt-out, making changes or requesting information
You may restrict EHP’s use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also request access to, correction of, or deletion of personal data for this purpose. For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information or for any privacy or data-protection-related question please write to email@example.com for assistance.
How to exercise your rights
You can send us a written request, either at the following address: Euroheat & Power aisbl, on Cours Saint Michel 30a Box E, 1040 Brussels, Belgium or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also always have the right to an appeal with the Commission for the protection of the Private life to the address commission(at)privacycommission.be
Further information can be found on www.privacycommission.be/en
Euroheat & Power website: Terms & Conditions of Use
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us at email@example.com or write to Euroheat & Power aisbl, Cours Saint Michel 30a Box E, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice nor do they commit Euroheat & Power to any obligation whatsoever. Euroheat & Power accepts no responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site. Users are advised to seek confirmation of statements made herein before acting upon them; specialist advice should also be sought on specific issues.
Notification of Changes
Use of content
The contents of this website, including but not limited to: text, graphics, illustrations, logos, software, trademarks, service marks and other material is protected by copyright and other laws.
Third party references and content
Certain links on this website may lead to websites, resources or tools maintained by third parties over whom we have no control. We make no express or implied representations or warranties whatsoever regarding such websites, resources and tools, and links to any such websites, resources and tools should not be construed as an endorsement of them or their content by us.
The Euroheat & Power website may also include postings, listings, stories, and articles from third parties, clearly indicated as sources of the content. Such content is the responsibility of the third party creator of the content. Euroheat & Power has no responsibility for such content and is merely providing access to such content as a service to you.
Euroheat & Power may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, remove or disable access to material on the website that infringes on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on the website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice – by postal mail, e-mail, or fax – that includes the following information:
- The signature (electronic or physical) of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- A description of where the material in question is located on the website
- Your mailing address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you believe in good faith that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
For purposes of such notice, our address is as follows: Euroheat & Power aisbl, Cours Saint Michel 30a Box E, 1040 Brussels, Belgium; Phone: +32 2740 2110; Fax: +32 2740 2119; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Euroheat & Power website contains various password-protected content that can be accessed by registered users. The conditions to become a registered user are clearly stated on the registration page and may be changed at our discretion. As a general rule, only representatives of Euroheat & Power member organisations may be grated a registered user status. Euroheat & Power may grant access to specific content or tools to other individuals as deemed appropriate in the context of various services it provides to its members.
If you become a registered user of our website, any password-protected content (including personal information of other registered users, any documentation irrespective of its format as well as your individual login details) must not be shared with non-authorised third parties.
Euroheat & Power reserves the right to:
- Refuse the registered user status to individuals that do not meet the established conditions;
- Remove the registered user status in the event of (i) resignation/exclusion of the member organisation he/she represents, (ii) termination of a certain service provided or (iii) if there is evidence of misuse of the data or passwords, with no liability to compensate the user for loss of access.
Euroheat & Power does not control the information posted by registered users and has no obligation to monitor postings. However, we reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, at Euroheat & Power’s sole discretion.
a. Collection and use of personal data
The only personal data Euroheat & Power currently collects through its website is the information you specifically and voluntarily give us when you use our site. You may be required to provide personal data on different parts of the website – such as the “Contact us” form, the user registration page (giving access to password-protected content on our intranet and/or specific services) or any other polls or forms integrated in our website. For example, we use the personal data you provide us via the “Contact us” form in order to answer the query you will have posted through the site.
The personal data is stored by Euroheat & Power for the duration of its legal entity existence or until a specific request to erase this data is received from the data subject.
Similarly, we may provide “subscription” e-mail services, either directly or through affiliates (via the “Subscribe to our database” button), which enable you to receive current news about Euroheat & Power and its business. For all such services, we will provide an opportunity to “opt-out” of the subscription(s).
By providing your personal data in order to become a registered user of the website, you agree to the following:
- To share this information with Euroheat & Power staff and members as well as other district energy contacts (other registered users)
Only Euroheat & Power staff and other registered users of the website can view your personal information. On the Euroheat & Power intranet, you share your information with other district energy experts, in a safe and trusted environment.
- To update your profile (personal data)
Euroheat & Power holds historic data and makes every effort to ensure this information is as accurate as possible. We keep you informed via email about the data we hold on your profile and may request that you review and update this data regularly.
We will not publicly disclose your personal data nor share/sell it to third parties.
You may send a request in writing at any time for your personal data to be erased from our records to email@example.com.
b. Security of personal data
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised uses, access or modifications. Certain areas of our website may be password protected. If you are a user of our website and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else.
c. Anonymous information collected – Cookies policy
In addition to the information you provide when you use our website, Euroheat & Power uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, we use technology to track how many visitors access our websites, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our sites. This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our site.
Your use of our web site indicates your consent to the cookies described in this policy. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org
- Session cookies to allow you to login to the intranet, in order to remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure, and to identify you as a user of our products and services when you have logged in.
- Analytical cookies to track the pages you visit via Google Analytics, in order to allow us to improve the performance of our website. These analyses will be performed through the use of IP addresses and cookies.
- Tracking cookies to embed YouTube videos and share content from other social media websites
- Tracking cookies to allow you to share pages with social networks and email.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can disable cookies in your browser, but these may stop our website from functioning properly. These browser controls will usually be found in the “options’ or “preferences” menu.
Euroheat & Power “Country By Country”: Terms & Conditions
Euroheat & Power publishes every two years an online comprehensive compilation of statistics and analysis on district heating and cooling in more than 30 markets across Europe and beyond. The specific Terms & Conditions for using the 2019 publication can be found here.