Marketing & Conference Administrative Intern
Euroheat & Power is offering a position / placement for a Marketing & Conference Administrative Intern.
This internship will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to marketing and event administration in an international, membership-based organisation.
The internship will involve a range of activities that focus on support marketing tasks and events activities, including services to members and promotion of the association as well as office management.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
Assisting and reporting to the Head of Operations and Events in various manners for on-going and future events and marketing support (i.e.: mass mailing, website updates, database management, dissemination activities brochures etc.).
In relation to the events activities:
- Assist and support the team during the whole preparation (logistical aspects suppliers, venue, programme, hotels, AV, marketing …) and on-site during the Event (2020 Euroheat & Power conference will be held in 5-6 May 2020 in Brussels Belgium).
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information.
- Assist with the registration process supporting the implementation of the registration procedures and the processing of registrations for assigned projects. He/she is in contact with all participants, and he/she is a part of the follow-up of each registration before, during & after the event:
- Help develop registration timeline and processes and implement them in the internal system (Event Management Software – CVENT) and maintain databases for participant, programme, pricing, speakers, etc.
- Support sales (sponsorship, registration) initiatives this includes cold calling to potential partners.
- Take care of registrations for assigned events, including:
- – Answer all requests related to registrations
- – Acknowledge and confirm receipt of registrations
- – Process & follow-up on payments
- – Manage registrations in the database
- – Follow-up with all participants pre-event
- – Prepare registration material for the event (handling of badges, delegates bags, documentation, invoices…)
- – Help coordinate special registrations (such as speakers, VIPs, staff, etc.)
- Be present during the event, at the registration area, to:
- – Help organise the registration desks & materials
- – Welcome participants to the conference and offer permanent support for last minute and onsite requests
- – Hand out all registration materials
General support in various administrative/office tasks (mailings, shipments etc.), help in the creation and translation of standard documents and/or proof reading
- Database management: introduction, organisation and updating of database.
The position is expected to start as soon as possible by the latest mid February and until the 14th of May 2020.
- Have strong organisational, administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS Office, Internet, email technologies
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written, as it is the working language of the organisation (other languages are an advantage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including good editorial skills
- Ability to function accurately and efficiently in a multi-task work environment (detail-minded, specific, accurate and well organised)
- Service and flexibility mind-set
- Capacity to interact and build relations with a multi-cultural event audience
- Eligible to work in Belgium
We offer you a challenging and unique internship opportunity and to be part of an exciting adventure. You will be working within a dynamic young team in a truly international environment with offices based in Brussels.
- Opportunities to be involved in interesting tasks,
- High level of independence and responsibility,
- Excellent team spirit in a multinational environment,
- Professional recognition and education,
- A paid intership (following to Belgian legislation)