Euroheat & Power is the European association promoting sustainable heating & cooling, with a focus on district heating and cooling solutions. It represents 130+ members in more than 30 countries worldwide, including national DHC associations in the European Union, utilities operating DHC systems, manufacturers, research institutes, consultants and other organisations involved in the DHC business.
The decarbonisation of heating and cooling is critical to delivering Europe's energy and climate objectives. The heating sector represents 50% of Europe's energy demand and remains highly dependent on fossil fuels. Without a doubt, heating & cooling is the next EU energy policy arena to achieve the European Green Deal objectives, and become climate-neutral before 2050. Locally owned and a flagship of the European industry, district heating and cooling (DHC) will be critical to further decarbonise heating & cooling (enabling the uptake of renewable and recovered heat sources) and contribute to strengthening Europe's energy resilience and security. The DHC industry has tremendous potential to grow in Europe and could provide up to 50% of the heat demand by 2050!
In 2019, our sector pledged to achieve climate neutrality before 2050. Working with European and national policy makers, Euroheat & Power’s core mission is to ensure that its members and community achieves this goal, and benefits from the appropriate EU framework to develop renewable and sustainable solutions.
On this journey, we need committed and talented people!
Come join a great working environment, a dynamic, fun and multicultural team, and make your mark in Europe’s energy and climate transition.
Reporting to the Policy Director, you would support Euroheat & Power’s Policy Department. Your purpose is to help shaping an enabling EU policy framework, to support the growth of a sustainable district heating and cooling sector. You would actively contribute to advocacy strategies and activities, developing compelling materials and engaging with key stakeholders, including policy-makers.
The focus of your work:
- General support in any policy-related activities (monitoring key policy developments, preparing summary notes and brief analysis, setting up meetings with policymakers);
- Preparing presentations and briefing notes for internal and external meetings;
- Coordinating with the communications’ team: policy input into the EHP newsletter, draft social media posts, articles and publications on key EU policy developments;
- Attending & reporting on external conference, events and webinars.
- Contribute to our weekly team meetings with ideas and insights.
- Any other task required in your work by your Policy Director or Managing Director.
- You have / or you are about to get a Master Degree on Political Science, International Relations or similar;
- You have a good understanding of the functioning of the EU Institutions and a keen interest in EU energy policy;
- You are a self-starter and able to work independently, you are organised, you pay great attention to details and are able to keep deadlines;
- You are fluent in English, and can write in a concise and clear manner;
- You have a good computer literacy knowledge;
- An excellent hands-on learning opportunity within a leading Brussels-based European association;
- Involvement in interesting advocacy and communications tasks and projects;
- Excellent team spirit in a multinational environment;
- Paid traineeship under “Convention d’immersion professionelle” (upon approval of the competent authority) for a duration of 6 months. Possibility of extension (according to Belgian Law up to 12 months). *please note you need to be eligible to work in Belgium.
How to apply?
Please address motivation letter (maximum one page) and curriculum vitae to [email protected], with the subject “Policy Assistant”. Your letter should outline your suitability and motivation for the position.
Deadline for receiving applications is 9 December 2022.
Ideal start date is January/February 2023.
More information on Euroheat & Power and our ongoing projects can be found on our website at www.euroheat.org.