Euroheat & Power, the international association for District Heating and Cooling (DHC), is searching for a dynamic and enthusiastic full-time employee to join the Events Team in Brussels. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Event & Membership Director.
About Euroheat & Power:
Euroheat & Power (EHP) is the international network for district energy, promoting sustainable heating and cooling in Europe and beyond. We are a non-for-profit association headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, which unites the district energy sector. Our members come from over thirty countries around the globe and include national district heating and cooling associations, utilities operating district energy systems, industrial associations and companies, manufacturers, universities, research institutes and consultancies active in the sector.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support with the organisation and logistics of the events (i.e.: contact suppliers and venues, hotel and travel booking, speakers' invitations, onsite management…);
- Assist with marketing activities and event promotion (i.e.: draft mailings, website updates, database management, draft invitations, presentations and other communication material);
- CRM support;
- Assist in the event registration process before and during the event;
- General support in various administrative/office tasks.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor in marketing, business, communications, events or similar;
- Previous working experiences in event and/or exhibition organisation;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills in English (written and oral). Any other European language is an asset;
- Dynamic and proactive problem-solving skills;
- Effective task management and ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously;
- Occasional travel for physical event organization, including a few nights away when necessary;
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and social media/web skills;
- Team player attitude and strong passion for events.
- InDesign, Photoshop and Canva knowledge is an asset;
What we offer:
- Opportunities to be involved in interesting tasks and projects;
- Organisation of events in Brussels and abroad;
- Permanent contract in a dynamic & growing sector, involvement in a wide range of responsibilities & projects with a high level of independence;
- Excellent team spirit and flexible working environment.
How to apply:
Please send your CV (2 pages maximum) and motivation letter (1 page) to [email protected]. The motivation letter should show how your background and interests fit the tasks planned and should include your availability to start. Please quote “Application Junior Events Officer” as a subject when submitting your application. The deadline for applications is Sunday 23 July. We strongly recommend submitting your applications as early as possible because we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please note that we will only be able to reply to candidates who have been short-listed for interviews. We thank you in advance for your understanding.