Euroheat & Power represents 130+ members in more than 30 countries worldwide, including national DHC associations in the European Union, utilities operating DHC systems, manufacturers, research institutes, consultants and other organisations involved in the DHC business.
Decarbonisation of heating and cooling is critical to delivering Europe's energy and climate objectives. The heating sector represents 50% of Europe's energy demand and remains highly dependent on fossil fuels. Without a doubt, heating & cooling is the next EU energy policy arena to achieve the European Green Deal objectives, and become climate-neutral before 2050. Locally owned and a flagship of the European industry, district heating and cooling (DHC) will be is critical technology to further decarbonise heating & cooling (enabling the uptake of renewable and recovered heat sources) and contribute to strengthening Europe's energy resilience and security. The DHC industry has tremendous potential to grow in Europe and could provide up to 50% of the heat demand by 2050.
In 2019, the European District Heating and Cooling sector pledged to achieve climate neutrality before 2050. Working with European and national policy makers, Euroheat & Power’s core mission is to ensure that its members and community benefit from the appropriate EU framework to develop more renewable and sustainable solutions, for a better and greener planet.
On this journey, we need committed and talented people !
Come join a great working environment, a dynamic, funny and multicultural team, and make your mark in Europe’s energy and climate transition.
Reporting to the Managing Director and the Communication Director, you would support Euroheat & Power’s newly established Communication Department. Your purpose is to help us gain visibility and outreach in the Brussels community and beyond, by actively supporting communication strategies and activities, developing attractive content (written, visual) as well as engaging with the press and on social media.
The focus of your work:
- Support the association’s advocacy strategies by developing and implementing communication campaigns and outreach, in coordination with the Communication Director.
- Maintain, update and redesign websites, publications and social media channels with information that is accurate and clear.
- Carry out news and social media monitoring to identify hooks for content dissemination and business development opportunities.
- Follow events and engage via social media with related online conversations.
- Draft and publish content on our different communication channels (websites, social media, email - such as member newsletters, digital reports etc).
- Analyse the performance of communication activities, pro-actively propose adjustments or improvements where needed.
- Draft or revise presentations, press releases, media campaigns or other relevant communication material for Policy and Events Teams.
- Develop and nurture good relations with EU and International media.
- Contribute to our weekly team meetings with ideas and insights.
- Any other task required in your work by your Communication Director or Managing Director.
- You have a previous experience/6 months in planning and executing communication activities and coordinating input of different stakeholders.
- You are familiar with web and social media best practices.
- You are a quick learner and have strong organisational and project management skills.
- You have previous experience and/or decent understanding of EU energy and climate policies.
- You are a team player, flexible, eager to help and capable of working independently.
- You have exceptional written and verbal English; other languages are an asset.
- You are a creative communicator with an innovative mindset.
- Experience (especially in EU funded projects, and communication designed for associations) is an asset.
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- Students are not accepted for this type of contract.
- Able to start no later than July 2023.
- CIP Contract - Convention d'Immersion Professionnelle for a duration of 6 months.
- Salary package : 960€ per month, meal voucher (8€ per working day with a 1.09€ employee’s contribution), transportation allowance, GSM, Internet, IT Equipment.
- Excellent team spirit and working environment.
- Possibility of growth in a dynamic environment.
How to apply?
Please address motivation letter (maximum one page) and curriculum vitae to [email protected], with the subject “Communication Assistant”. Your letter should outline your suitability and motivation for the position. Deadline: you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, deadline is the 15th of June 2023. Ideal start date no later than 5st July 2023.
For further Information, don't hesitate to contact giulia artibani, [email protected]